If you are into golf or you want to try this sport you can come to some of our Paradores, where we have some really nice golf facilities for you to enjoy your time there. It is such an entertaining sport, but it is not as easy as it seems! That's why we want you to know 10 basic tips for playing golf at our Paradores. Enjoy!
- You will need gloves. Right-handed people will wear it on the left hand, and left-handed people will wear it on its right hand.
- If you are a beginner, focus on learning and not on buying the best sticks. Once you get to become more and more "professional" you will have time to be more specific with the materials you use.
- Start with soft hitting and short irons to warm up. Then you can go on with half-swings. Little by little you can increase the speed and length of your swings and get deeper into the game.
- The importance of a good movement when doing the swing:
1. You should stand up with your feet separated according to your shoulder width and put same weight on both legs.
2. Bend yourself slightly at the hips with your back always straight.
3. Your knees should be slightly bent too letting your ass out (but not a sitting position!).
4. If you are right-handed, your right side should be below the left one (the other way round if you are left-handed).
5. Once you practise it more and more, it will become a natural and spontaneous position!
- Always finish your swing. The swing is not completely done if you cut it as soon as you shoot the ball. It is in fact more natural to finish the movement and let your arms finish the move. You should finish with your eyes and chest on the balls direction and almost no weight on the right foot. It will avoid you from unneeded injuries.
- Do not get blocked. In case you do, go back to basics and relax your swing! Sometimes thinking too much about the chances you have will not help you out.
- Get to know the shots and when to use them! What's the difference between hit a chip or hit a pitch? A chip shot runs along the green staying low, whereas the pitch shot doesn't roll a lot and stays flying higher. Trying to familiarize with the terms will let you choose better and know what to do and why you are doing it.
- If you want a perfect putt (short shot):
1. You need the ball to get to the hole, if not it will never fall inside it: do not fall in the mistake of hitting it too softly
2. You should relax, be precise and do a delicate hit
- If you want a long swing:
1. You should hit the ball with the soft side of the club
2. You should hit the ball as fast as possible
3. You should widen the arch of your shoulders while swinging
- The most important part of playing golf is to enjoy it. It does not matter if you are good or bad at it, but what you must do is to have a lot of fun while practising golf!
Now you can book your stay at our Parador de El Saler and enjoy one of the best golf courts of Europe. It is located next to the Mediterranean Sea and it is one of the most modern Paradores of all the luxury hotel chain.
Book now at the Parador de El Saler
Parador de El Saler
If you want, you can go to our Andalusian Parador de Málaga Golf, placed in the beloved city of Málaga and with such a nice court to play. It doesn't matter if you are a beginner or you already know some golf notions, you will enjoy it as much as possible.
Book now at the Parador de Málaga Golf
Parador de Málaga Golf
You can also check the temporary courses the Paradores offer in case you want to be taught how to play this great sport. What are you waiting for? Show as your swing!